No Heat Checklist
What do you do if your heating system suddenly stops working? Don’t panic! Use this No-Heat Checklist to troubleshoot your oil heating equipment – there could be a simple solution! If none of the tips help restore heat in your home, contact Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating by calling (570) 668-1428.
No-Heat Checklist for Heating Oil Customers
- Check your fuel tank
- Check to make sure you have fuel in your oil tank. Also, make sure that your fuel oil tank gauge is working properly. If you have run out of oil, call Hollenbach Home Comfort Services right away at (570) 900-1053.
- Check your thermostats
- Check that all thermostats in your home are turned up and switched to the ON or HEAT position. If your thermostat is battery-operated, try replacing them with fresh batteries.
- Check the emergency switch
- Go to your heating system and check to make sure the emergency switch is on. Typically, an emergency switch can be found at the top of the basement stairs and on your burner itself.
- Check the circuit breaker
- Check the circuit breaker in your home, making sure the breaker associated with your heating system is on.
- Push the reset button – ONCE ONLY!
- If your heating system fails to start, press the reset button on the system ONE TIME ONLY.
- Call for service
- If none of the above steps help to restore heat in your home, call Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating at (570) 668-1428 and we will dispatch one of our service technicians to help solve your problem.