Service and Annual Maintenance
Make sure your northeast Pennsylvania home is warm this winter! Customers of Hollenbach Home Comfort Services can receive annual and emergency heating oil service through our sister company, Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating.
- Take the worry out of maintaining your oil heating system. A service plan will give you the peace of mind knowing your oil heating system is running efficiently.
- Regular maintenance of your home’s heating system can help you save up to 10 percent on your heating costs (see “Energy Savings Tips” below).
- Annual heating system maintenance helps extend the life of your home heating system and prevent breakdowns that can lead to costly emergency repairs.
- After one year, Automatic Delivery customers in good standing will receive a discount on their annual heating system maintenance provided by Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating.
- When it’s time for you to replace your oil heating system equipment, Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating can help you choose the right one for your home’s needs and your budget. Certified technicians will deliver and install your equipment and remove your old equipment for safe disposal.
Annual heating system maintenance includes:
- Checking and adjusting the burner controls and ignition system.
- Cleaning and replacing of the fuel filters.
- Changing the air filters.
- Cleaning the nozzle assembly and replacing the nozzle.
- Vacuuming and cleaning heating unit and smoke pipe to the chimney.
- Oiling the motor bearings.
- Draining the expansion tank.
- Testing of the heating unit to make sure it’s running at maximum efficiency.
Call (570) 668-1428 Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating.
Energy Saving Tips
- Check Your Filters: Changing your furnace filter will increase efficiency (Source).
- Don’t Half-Fill Your Loads: Make sure that when you run the dishwasher, washing machine, clothes dryer, etc. that you have a full load. This saves the number of total loads you have to do and reduces your water and energy bills (Source).
- Turn Down the Heat: If you turn down your water heater temperature from 120 to 115 degrees, you can save over 10% on your water heating bill (Source).
- If you have a programmable thermostat, turning down the heat in your home while you’re away can save you 10% as well (Source).
- Seal It Up: Protect against drafts throughout your home by caulking or the use of weather-stripping on doors, windows, ducting, vents, fans, or any other place that may let in cool air (Source).
- Low-Flow: You can reduce hot water usage by 50% if you install a flow-restricting showerhead (Source).
- Call Jay Hollenbach Jr. Plumbing and Heating to schedule your annual heating system maintenance (Source).